๐Ÿชถ Written by an experienced lawyer

My OPT is Almost Over, What Are My Options

Is your OPT about to expire? Explore H-1B and O-1 visa options. H-1B is for a specialty occupation, O-1 for extraordinary ability, and flexible for one/multiple employers.

Elektra B. Yao

Published in

Is your OPT (Optional Practical Training) near expiration and you donโ€™t know what to do?

OPT allows students (F-1) to work for a year in an area, related to their field of study. Once the year is up, students have a 60 day grace period.

However, students have many employment based visas available to them, such as the H-1B and the O-1.

The H-1B is the visa for a speciality occupation.

It is a lottery based visa, for employment for one employer.

However, the O-1 (also known as the extraordinary ability visa or the artist visa) is more flexible and allows for employment for either one employer or multiple employers.

If you are ready to explore your options, call Yao Law Group. We have worked with countless students to make their dream come true of working professionally in the US.

Need Help?

Deep expertise in various fields allows us to create a winning strategy for even the most Difficult Cases!

We Sent Your Guide To Your Email!

Please Check Your Inbox.